Wednesday, March 26, 2008

David Rice (Fan Fiction)


David thought he had gotten away from all the distractions in his life but obviously he was wrong. He had sworn to himself that now that he and Millie were finally together, he wasn't going to let anything else come in the way. But that was proving too hard.

"David, we're in Samoa to relax. All you've been doing since you sat in that chair is text message."

He hadn't realised that Millie was awake, he thought all along she was lying there enjoying the sun oblivious to his vigirous texting.

She pulled the glasses away from her face and studied the expression on his face, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah everythings fine, go back to your tanning. I'm just going to make a phone call, be right back." He didn't wait for her response and stood up.
He needed a secluded place to make this phonecall, where else could more secluded than the toilet. And that's where he headed.

Griffin answered his phone on the fourth ring, David's patience was wearing thin he had even resolved to counting how many rings it would take till Griffin answered.
"Do you mind mate? I'm in the middle of something right now."
"Griffin I don't have time for this, now tell me what exactly happened?"
"I'm good thanks mate everything is just great, thanks for asking by the way -"
"Griffin?" David hated that sarcastic tone Griffin always used, but that was Griffin full of sarcasm and smart comments.
"Hang on I'll put us on conference call, Trisha's on the other line. Now dont hang up on me David dear."
"Hurry up I have to get back to Millie. Now are you going to tell me or not?" David was getting slightly exasparated by Griffin's little game.
"I had another run in with the Paladins." Griffin finally spat it out.
"What? When did this happen? What happened?" Trisha asked all the questions that where going around in David's head.
"Well you know me being the romantic bloke that I am I decided to take my girlfriend to France, just as we got ontop of the Eiffel Tower guess who showed up? None other than the white haired bloke himself, Roland. David I though you had dealt with him?"
"I thought I had too -"
"Well obviously not good enough mate."
"Ok already, then what happened Griffin?" Trisha broke up the mini argument, David wasn't the only who was impatient when it came to Griffin.
"Did you get him? Or did he get you?"
"I wouldn't be here if he got me David. He ruined a good moment for me so I had to get him, it would only be fair I mean he ruins my romantic moment I capture him -"
"Do you have him?" David was half stunned by this new revelation.
"Chained up in my basement. Now now no applause are necessary really guys."
"What? You have him in your basement?" Trisha was suprised too, "Griffin do you know what this means?"
"That I'm good? As a matter of fact I think you and I David should join forces including you lovely Trishakat. We've got the Paladins vulnerable now without their leader, now would be our chance."
"Are you going to let him go Griffin?"
"No Griffin do not let him go." David's tone rose.
"I was just asking man."
"We have both been waiting for this moment Griffin, keep him in your basement. "
"That way he can stay away from my family, I don't want them involved in this." The protective side of Trishakat was starting to come out. When it came to her family she wasn't going to take any risks with the Paladins getting in contact with those she loved most.
"May I suggest that we meet at my base I don't really do phone conversations that well, so if you two would be kind as to pay me a wee visit then maybe we can analyse Roland and get to know what exactly goes through the minds of these Paladins, and perhaps why a bloke would ever think of having white as a hair colour."
This made both David and Trishakat laugh.
"Right my base it is. Don't get lost now I'm in the middle of the desert. turn right at the first sand dune you see, take a couple of steps then turn left to your next sand dune and you won't miss my great villa."
"You have a villa?"
"No he doesn't Trisha, he's making all of it up. Your base it is then. Now I have to get back to Millie, I'll see you guys then." The toilet seat was proving to be too uncomfortable for David now.
"Give a yell to that young lass of yours for me - "
"In other words Griffin means say hi to Millie from both of us." Being the one for subtlty Trisha stepped in.
"Will do."
They really should try make toilet seats more comfortable these days, David thought to himself.

No comments: