Thursday, March 27, 2008

Narrative: TrishaKat

Trisha stood in front of the mirror and all she saw was her reflection staring back at her. She prayed hoping her brother’s wedding would go to the way things were planed and not have an unexpected visit from the paladins. She gathered her long locks and put it up in a bun sorted out her dress and left the room.

“Mummy whens the rehearsals getting done?” said Trish worried. “This is the third time you have asked me that question, what’s the matter? What’s the rush? Don’t tell me you have got somewhere to go again” said Mrs. Kat annoyed. Trisha just stared at the floor, embarrassed to look at her mothers face. “What are you doing huh? Always running off, you haven’t even given me a reason for these odd disappearances you keep making” Mrs.Kat said. “Look I’m sorry mummy but I can’t tell you yet, I promise I will but this is not the right time, I need to be somewhere in two hours, I’ll help with what ever right now but by then I need to go, so please if the rehearsals can be done soon that would be great, I really want to be at the rehearsals” Trisha said politely controlling her temper. “What ever Trish as usual I always cover for you and why…. I still don’t know” Mrs. Kat said disappointingly.

Annoyed Trish walks away and out to her garden. She takes her phone out and calls Griffin. As usual Griffin doesn’t pick up his phone at once. She waits, already agitated and finally he picks up. “Yes Trish darling, as usual you people call at the wrong time” said Griffin sarcastically. “Where are you Griffin?” said Trish impatient. “Who me… Oh you know always got something to do” said Griffin. “Come on Griffin, this is no time for games, I have bad news” said Trish. “What now Trish, we can’t be delayed, I need to see u in Hawaii in one and a half hours..I just got the cage teleported to my place”. Said Griffin not too surprised about Trish having family problems. “My mum is starting to wonder where I keep running of to all the time and this time there should be no excuse for my brother’s wedding rehearsals” said Trish upset. “Look we need you Trish, just make sure you don’t miss the wedding, tell your mum that, if something comes up at the wedding, we will be fine just make sure you come after the wedding, but that’s too early to be talking now we are not sure what’s going to happen tomorrow so just get your ass here we almost got Rolland…this is it Trish” said Griffin encouraging Trish. “But what if they find my family by tomorrow and the wedding is going to be destroyed” said Trish. “That’s why” said Griffin and then suddenly was interrupted by Mrs. Kat’s loud cry.

“Trish! Trish! We need you to help us out here..where are you?” shouted Mrs. Kat. “Am coming am coming!” Trish cried back. “You were saying Griffin” said Trish coming back to her normal voice. “Yeah as I was saying..that’s why you need to get out of there fast or the paladins will track you down and I’m telling you that wouldn’t be a pretty wedding in the end haha” said Griffin again sarcastic. “Yeah yeah ok fine, I’ll be there then” said Trish ending the conversation. “I got to go now, take care Griffin” said Trish. “You to Trish don’t worry your family is gonna be fine” said Griffin trying to be nice. “Thanks Griffin bye” said Trish realizing that Griffin was being nice.

Trish left the garden and found her mum in the kitchen. “Where have u been? We can’t do the rehearsals now we are still decorating the arch” said Mrs. Kat. “I’m really sorry mummy but I have to go in an hour” said Trish. “I told your brother he’s not too happy that’s the only way I could get the rehearsals to be done early but they want the arch done” said Mrs. Kat upset and angry. “Look mummy at least I’m not missing the wedding tomorrow right” said Trish confidently. Mrs.Kat then stares at Trish in amazement. “How dare you say that to me Trish! So what now the rehearsals don’t mean anything to you I don’t even know who you are anymore if only papa was here to see the way you turned out, no concern for your family at all! He would be so disappointed in you!” said Mrs. Kat coldly. Trish stared at her mother with tears running down her face. She walked away without saying a word to her mum and goes to her room full of anger. Got her things and looked in the mirror one last time and jumped off.

1 comment:

annie said...

A very interesting 'story of my life' intro. This sounds perfect. Having someone in the team with family issues is just what we needed for a little bit of drama to make the whole thing interesting. We could work around this as you have started already by including Griffin in as like your comforter. Well, whatever it was we can still make it work.