Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fanfiction - Trisha Kat, Jumper


Feeling alone and isolated, Trisha Kat walked down one of thousands of cobble lanes scattered all over Rome. “My first priority at the moment is to protect my family from the Paladins, I’m damn certain that they’ll use my family as baits to lure me into their trap.”

Growing up with her three older brothers, Trisha Kat has always been the sheltered and protected baby in the family but now their roles have been reversed due to the fact that she is a ‘Jumper’.

Trisha Kat, a self-claimed late bloomer, had her first jump when she was nine. “I’ll nail it at the cheer leading try out today.” Trisha Kat said confidently to her friends who had gathered at the gym to support her.

Upon finishing all the bouncing and dancing, Trisha Kat is now trying to stand up on the top of the three tier human pyramid. One of the girls at the bottom lost her balance and Trisha Kat was destined to fall from the top of the pyramid. “Help!” she screamed and spontaneously Trisha Kat felt a gush of wind on her face and next thing she found herself on the bed in her bedroom!!!

“How on earth did this happen?” stunned and amazed that she not just escaped the nasty fall from the top of the human pyramid in the gym at school but she actually jumped back to her room.

From then on, Trisha Kat thought she was the only person on earth who possessed this supernatural ability to jump from one location to another by teleporting. Not until one day last year she accidentally jumped into another jumper, Griffin’s, jump spot.

“Where the hell am I? And who are you?” Trisha Kat found herself in the middle of the desert, nowhere close to the destination she was jumping to, London.

“How many more ignorant jumpers are there do I have to run into?” Griffin snared at Trisha Kat. “Hi, I’m Trisha Kat and you are?” “Griffin the Jumper, I hope you’re not disappointed that you’re not the one and only jumper here.” Shocked and delight at the same time, Trisha Kat finally realised that she was not jumping alone anymore.

“Get away from my jump spot; you’re leaving us vulnerable to the Paladins.” Griffin yelled at Trisha Kat. “Who are the Paladins? Why are you so scared of them?” she asked innocently. “Are you for real girl? You don’t know the Paladins? But I’m pretty sure that they know about you.” Griffin handed a folder to Trisha Kat; “Check this out, this is the file the Paladins have on you. They’re our Jumpers’ enemies, they hunt us down and destroy as they believe only God can have the power to jump.”


A chill ran down her spine, Trisha Kat is stunned with how much detail about her life and her family that the Paladins are knowledgeable of. “What can I do to stop them from harming my family?” “Join forces with me and David, he’s another jumper who escaped the capture from the Paladins. And the both of us are recruiting as many jumpers as we can come across to combat the attacks from the Paladins.”
“Well, if this is the only choice I have to take to protect my family then I’m in.” Trisha Kat scrunched up the folder in her hands. “Great and speaking of the devil, here comes David.” Amid the whirlwind and the sand, a guy in his twenties appeared in front of Trisha Kat’s eyes. “David, come and meet Trisha Kat, she’s our latest addition in the alliance.” “It’s my pleasure to meet you Trisha and welcome to our join forces against the Paladins.” “Thank you David, nice to meet you too.”

“By the way, how’s that girlfriend of yours, David?” Griffin asked. “Millie is fine and she’s enjoying staying in Samoa.” “Ah, somewhere warm, that’s what she wanted, anything for the girlfriend, my dear friend, David.” David ignored the remark of Griffin and turned to Trisha Kat and asked her, “What about you, Trisha? Anyone special in your life at the moment?” “No, there’s no romance for me right now. My foremost priority right now is protecting the safety of my dear family.” Trisha Kat said calmly. “I totally understand how you feel Trisha. I almost lost Millie to the Paladins last time we ran into them. And Roland is the leader who’s our number one target.” David narrowing his eyes as if he could see Roland right here in the desert.

“Have you seen your mum again since last time you found her house? Has she tried to contact you?” Griffin asked. “No, I haven’t gone back to see my mum at her house cause I don’t want to rise any alarm as you know that she’s a Paladin herself…” “David’s mum, Mrs Rice is a Paladin and she left him and his father when David was five. She rescued David when he was locked up at the police station last time when he and Millie trespassed in the Coliseum. That’s when I first showed myself to David and the first time he encountered with the Paladins.” Griffin told Trisha Kat.

“I didn’t need her to look out for me. What gives her the right to leave me and my father when I was only five and then turn up again in my life as if nothing had happened? I can protect myself and I always have!” David said angrily.

“Anyway, let’s hope Mrs Rice will come to her senses and turn her back on the Paladins and join forces with us.” “Well Griffin, I wouldn’t count on that if I were you. She would’ve done it ages ago if she really cared.”

No comments: