Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jumper Forum Role Play - David's mum

“Mummy, mummy, I want to go to the top of the Chrysler building so I can see all the tall buildings in New York.” he said. Looking up at me with those big blue innocent eyes was my five year old son, David. “Sorry honey but New York is thousands of miles away from here, may be we can visit there when you’re a bit older.” I said to him. “But I want to go now!” David said half begging and half demanding & tears starting to well up in those piercing blue eyes of his. Suddenly, David vanished right in front of my very own eyes leaving only a swirl of wind in the middle of the kitchen!

“My son is a Jumper, how ironic!” whispering quietly to myself.

Decision time: shall I leave my son and my husband or shall I destroy David as I, myself, am a Paladin who capture and destroy Jumpers. Then out of the blue, David reappeared looking all disoriented and confused. “Poor baby, you fell and hit your head on the corner of the cupboard, come sit down and Mummy will make you a cup of hot chocolate.” I surprise myself of how good a liar I am at times. “But Mummy, I’ve just been to the top of the Chrysler building and back!!!” David said with immense excitement. “C’mon now David, settle down and drink your hot chocolate and stop this nonsense!” I felt absolutely disgusted lying to my precious son but what else can I do?

Turning away from my son, tears streaming down my face like a burst dam. I have to leave my family tonight in order to save David, how can any mother in this world capture and destroy their own flesh and blood? But on the other hand, I need to keep a close eye on him ensuring no other Paladin finds out his extraordinary supernatural ability.

I switched the last light off in the house; both David and my husband are sound asleep in bed upstairs. “It is the best time to leave now…” I thought to myself in the dark. Without making any noise, I picked up the suitcase which I hid in the closet by the front door and out of the door I went without turning my head back to look at our house.

Why? Why? Why is it happening to me? Why does my son happen to be a Jumper? Is fate making a joke with me? How is my five year old going to cope growing up without his mother? I had all these questions circling in my already confused mind. But ultimately, this is the most sensible and logical solution that I can think of right now. Although, other people might view it as a coward and selfish act, but who are they to judge without knowing the whole truth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the way you started the Mother Rice story is good, because the one memory David has of his mother is when they were up on the Chrysler building and it jsut so happens thats where he first Jumps although he can't remember that himself, but obviuously Mother Rice can since that's the last memory she has of him.

And also how you made it so we know what's going through Mother Rice's head ties up a few loose ends the actual movie didn't quite cover. Kind of makes us feel sorry for the mother but at the same time despise her because she abandoned her son,Just like in most movies how there's a character who you like and don't like at the same time...She's the one in this movie!

Nice work :)

annie said...

The thought of wanting to go to the Chrysler Building in New York is a good one. Because it's impossible to get there when the parents are really busy.

Letting us know what was running through her head is good, because it leads to what she'll say next.

William is obviously not caring one bit about his son but for his wife. LIFE GOES ON WILLIAM! That's all I want to say to him! He likes to throw his life away. Just when David was about to Jump out of his house then he'll start to care. What is up with that?

Your son is a Jumper because it’s in the genes…from the medieval times up till now, genes will carry on. That’s pretty obvious too.